ABOUT THE JOB
A dynamic renewable energy company seeks a bright and outgoing Development Operations Support person to join its team. This position will be based out of Boulder, CO. The Development Operations Support person will be involved in all aspects of the project development process, including document preparation, permitting, NYSERDA compliance, construction tracking, and utility approvals.
We offer a competitve salary, generous benefits package, flexible hours, snacks, and encourage PTO.
ABOUT UNITED WIND
United Wind (“UW”) is the market leader in the early-stage and fast-growing distributed wind energy industry in the U.S. UW provides rural property owners with the opportunity to save significantly on their electricity bills over a 20 year WindLease™ by harvesting their on-site wind resource without any upfront costs. Our revolutionary WindLease is changing the way people purchase electricity – we enable property owners to “Be their own power company”.
- Prepare work product in support of project development/acquisition and permitting.
- Responsible for tracking all project-specific documents through the use of a project management software.
- Assist permitting managers in the field with obtaining necessary municipal government approvals and development permits.
- Assist in coordinating permitting activities, consultant work, and external relations support.
- Develop and maintain internal controsl, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with compliance and general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, and meet project timelines.
- Works well in a team, acclimate to an established culture of transparency, mutual respect, and hard work, in an exciting and engaging environment.
- BA/BS in relevant discipline (i.e. engineering, environmental science, planning).
- Must be resourceful, flexible, and maintain the ability to react and respond quickly to unexpected project-related issues.
- Able to read site plans and engineering designs.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented, with a drive for excellence through constant improvement.
- Proficient in Excel.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
United Wind is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, familial status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.