CAREERSDIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS
ABOUT THE JOB
A dynamic renewable energy company seeks a bright and outgoing Director of Procurement & Logistics to join its NYC team. The Director of Procurement & Logisitcs will be involved in all aspects of the purchasing and shipping of equipment and materials; and professional management and development of the procurement and logistics team. The Director of Procurement & Logistics reports directly to the VP Projects and will work closely with various business leaders acrsoss the organization and management team.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package, flexible hours, snacks, and encourage PTO.
ABOUT UNITED WIND
United Wind Inc. is the national leader in providing distributed wind energy to rural and agricultural properties. We obtain financing, source customers, get permitting and install wind turbines throughout the USA. Through United Wind’s WindLease, customers can switch to cost-effective wind energy without traditionally high upfront costs and cover maintenance on systems. Our revolutionary WindLease is changing the way people purchase electricity – we enable property owners to “Put Power in Their Own Hands.”
- Oversee all equipment and material purchasing, and manage systems supporting the procurement and logistics team.
- Manage equipment and materials flow and forecasting via reporting.
- Responsible of the integrity of the wind turbine projects inventory reporting.
- Prepare weekly report on inventory and status of all shipments.
- Liase with external parties in execution of equipment and material purchases.
- Prpare month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reports for inventory.
- Develop and implement formal procurement and logistics policies in accordance with OSHA and any other legislating bodies, conducting periodic evaluations for compliance and regulatory or environmental changes.
- Work well in a team, acclimate to an established culture of transparency, mutual respect, hard work, in an exciting and engaging environment.
- BA/BS in Logistics and Supply Chain management with 5 years of logistics experience.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented with a drive for excellence through constant improvement.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience with inventory management systems is a plus.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
United Wind is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, familial status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.