CAREERSENERGY CONSULTANT (MN)
ABOUT THE JOB
United Wind’s Minnesota-based Energy Consultant will be part of a team led by the Regional Sales Manager and reporting to the VP of Business Development. This role is accountable for achieving the regional sales and profitability goals while responsible for the customer satisfaction and market share within the regional geography.
ABOUT UNITED WIND
United Wind (“UW”) is the market leader in the early-stage and fast-growing distributed wind energy industry in the U.S. UW provides rural property owners with the opportunity to save significantly on their electricity bills over a 20 year WindLease™ by harvesting their on-site wind resource without any upfront costs. Our revolutionary WindLease is changing the way people purchase electricity – we enable property owners to “Be their own power company”.
- Manage the complete sales opportunity lifecycle, from lead generation, to customer engagement, relationship management, proposal development, negotiation and closing.
- Meet regional sales and financial objectives by forecasting requirements, achieving sales objectives by creating a targeted sales plan, meeting quota, and achieving revenue and profitability goals.
- Maintain and expand customer base by building and managing rapport with key customers, identifying new customer opportunities, and partnering with sales team to create market strategies for Region.
- Research and develop lists of potential new customers through lead follow-up, cold-calling, networking and prospecting, and customer referrals. Establish an environment and foundation for future sales growth, prioritizing effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Responsible for supporting Region’s forecasting and sales tracking, evaluating market trends and gathering competitive information that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability. Disseminate information to regional sales team, corporate and sales operations.
- Promote and champion corporate messaging for the Region, adhering to the company business plan to attain this vision
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of sales experience, preferably in renewable energy, power generation, or agricultural/farming equipment
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in prior sales positions, managing and exceeding quotas.
- Strong closing skills (prior attendance at formal sales training courses is a plus).
- Frequent travel within region, roughly 75% of the time, for customer meetings and lead generation.
- Hunter mentality with high level of motivation, autonomy, and discipline.
- Strong network of contacts and previous customers from which to develop new business
- Proven oral, written, telephone and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information and utilize to position the features and benefits to customers.
- Computer literate with knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and CRM.
Email us your resume and cover letter: email@example.com
United Wind is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, familial status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.