ABOUT THE JOB
A dynamic renewable energy company seeks a bright and outgoing Staff Accountant to join its Brooklyn team. The Staff Accountant wil be involved in all aspects of basic financial functions and getting the books to a monthly trial balance. Initially the role will also encompass basic operations work. There is capacity to grow in this role as the business gears up in 2017.
We offer a competitve salary, generous benefits package, flexible hours, snacks, and encourage PTO.
ABOUT UNITED WIND
United Wind Inc. is the national leader in providing distributed wind energy to rural and agricultural properties. We obtain financing, source customers, get permitting and install wind turbines throughout the USA. Through United Wind’s WindLease, customers can switch to cost-effective wind energy without traditionally high upfront costs and cover maintenance on systems. Our revolutionary WindLease is changing the way people purchase electricity, enabling property owners to “Put Power in Their Own Hands”.
- Engage in projects-based accounting through review of turbine construction financial activity for accuracy and reasonableness. Maintain projects team relationship.
- Participate in completion of month-end reporting through accruals, prepayments, depreciation schedules and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and maintain inventory reporting.
- Own the Accounts Receivable process, ensuring timely invoicing and receipts.
- Identify process improvement opportunities for processes and reporting.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Participate where necessary in recoring Construction Loan transactions and maintain a tracking report.
- Work well in a team, acclimate to an established culture of transparency, mutual respect, and hard work, in an exciting and engaging environment.
- BA/BS in Accounting with some general accounting experience.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented with a drive for excellence through constant improvement.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience with Xero a plus.
- We prize attitude and aptitude over experience.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
United Wind is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, familial status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.